Monday, September 1, 2014

Crypt Completion

Well, Labor Day lived up to its name- another full day of work, but the crypt is more or less finished. Once again, Math bested me in single combat and I ended up 2 feet short on my burial niches, but I can fix that later. I need to add some boards to give the foam more support, and I need to add a roof and some trim around the garage door opening, but that's it. Come October 1st, when we put it up, we'll do some additional detailing and weathering, add some moss, and then put the skeletons and candles everywhere.

This was a challenging build, and it seemed like nothing was going to go right, it would never be finished, etc. But now that it's "done", the hard work really seems to have paid off. I'm pleased with how it turned out, and can't wait to get the lights sorted out and test it.