I took the body mold of SpiderWitch and shot it full of GreatStuff expanding foam. Trouble is, it didn't expand as much as I thought it would. I stuffed the leg openings with bags and taped them shut, then started spraying the foam in through the neck and an opening in the tape along the waist. I had visions of the foam expanding, the suit filling, and me frantically trying to keep it from spilling all over the lawn.
Oh, it expanded. From about the width of a straw to the width of my finger. But that was it. I'd need about 5 cans to fill the entire model. And I'd have to layer it in there, bit by bit.
Okay- back to the drawing board.
We don't really need a figure underneath- just something to give body to the dress. So we're going to build an armature to hold the figure, stuff shopping bags with paper and then stuff the dress, and use cardboard/papier mache for the exposed skin parts (should only be arms/neck. Then the whole thing gets coated in Monster Mud and paint and sealant and waterproof, and...
Meanwhile, much as I LOVE Halloween, I've got another project I can't wait to start:
|At 5 feet tall, it's bigger than SpiderWitch|